Here at Mt. Carmel we have a very active Student Youth Group, or UMYF (United Methodist Youth Fellowship).
This program is for 6th graders to 12th graders. This ministry offers a place to find community with other individuals your own age. This is a time of fellowship and discussion that focuses on today’s youth challenges and how Jesus wants us to navigate through these.
Youth Sunday school classes are offered at 9:45 am on Sunday mornings. The classes choose their own curriculum- from discussing current topics and events to in-depth study of the bible and its teachings.
UMYF meets Wednesday nights at 6:00pm at Mt. Carmel UMC.
Some of the activities that UMYF is involved in include:
• Weekly Meetings and Programming
• Attending conference events such as Warmth In Winter (Opryland) and Summer Sizzler (Beersheba Springs)
• UMYF weekend retreat at Coldstream Christian Camp (Adams)
• Mission Work – Appalachian Service Project
• Local Service Projects such as Project Transformation
• Visit Shut-Ins
• Assisting with Mt. Carmel events and fundraisers, such as Easter Egg Hunt, Barbeque Supper, Trunk or Treat
• Mystery Trips
• Christmas Parties and other celebrations