Sunday School starts at 9:45am.
Sunday Morning Church Service starts at 10:45am.
Many members of our congregation dress a little more traditionally for church service but you will see a wide range of attire. Whether you prefer a suit or jeans, our best advice is to come dressed comfortably. You will fit in, no matter what you wear.
Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of each month, with a few exceptions during the year. We believe in an open Communion Table where all are welcome.
Sunday School is held from 9:45-10:30am and there are classes for all ages. Before and after Sunday School is a wonderful time to connect with our congregation.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
At Mt. Carmel, we strive to serve.
Throughout the year we have numerous opportunities to serve those in our community, our country and those around the world with our love, service and gifts. In order for us to be able to help those in need, we depend on our members to volunteer their time and talents to help ensure our congregation is an active part of the community.
We often depend on volunteers to ensure that our ministries are continuing to grow and we are grateful for those who serve. Opportunities for service at Mt. Carmel include:
• Nursery attendants and Sunday School teachers (require a background check)
• Greeters, lay readers, ushers
• Teachers and volunteers for Vacation Bible School and other special events
• Choir, Special Music
• Children’s Bell Choir (1st-5th grade)
• Sign Maintenance
• Clerical and administrative support
• Maintaining building and grounds
• Providing assistance in communication and electronics/technology
• And many more opportunities!
Missions and Outreach
Sometimes there is no better way to give to others than to donate time, energy, and knowledge. Through our mission projects and trips, we help people and communities that are struggling with the challenges of poverty and lack resources to make repairs. We seek to bring God’s light to dark places in our community and world. Below, you will find a list of the different mission opportunities at Mt. Carmel UMC:
• Urban Ministries – Year-round food collection, backpack/school supplies, financial support
• F.U.E.L. program
• Loaves and Fishes
• Appalachian Service Project
• Ronald McDonald House Charities & Redbird Mission
• Miriam’s Promise
• World Hunger Fund
• Heifer International
• Partners-In-Education – Carmel Elementary School
• Sponsorship of a missionary in Puerto Rico
• Adopt Angels at Christmas
• Apostle Build, Habitat for Humanity
• Project Transformation
If you interested in knowing more or getting involved in these volunteer opportunities and ministries, please feel free to contact our Missions and Outreach Chairperson, Susan Hembree.